Thursday, April 2, 2009

Legally Blonde (2nd to last blog)

So while writing this paper i was excited I got to watch one of my favorite movies Legally Blonde. Although it may seem like a romantic comedy the movie actually has an under lying message about feminism and breaking out of gender role stereotypes. While my first draft I feel was a
good start I still have a lot of work to do.

With the help of my peer reviewers I now think I know what I need to do to take the paper to the next step. I need to expand more and not only focus on the main character Elle and her stereotypical gender role but also explore other characters. Her two love interest in the movie are complete opposites of each other and really tie into what we have learned about male gender roles. Warren her ex boyfriend who she follows to Harvard is the stereotypical man, while her budding love interst Emmet is the new man. A great article that I will be able to use to back up my arguements is the Disney/Pixar article about the new man.

The previous articles we have read will also help build foundation for my arguement. Along with Devor's article which I have already used to define Gender, I will also use " Two ways a Woman can get Hurt". I will also use support from the Feminism Article to further explore Elle's need to use her body to get what she wants

No comments:

Post a Comment